Skin treatments open your door to younger, softer, and more radiant skin. One of the most popular and budget-friendly skin treatments is chemical peeling. The thought of using harsh chemicals to peel-off layers of skin does sound scary; but with the right professionals, there’s no need to worry. It can combat a great many skin issues and provide results quickly! You can access chemical peels in Salt Lake City at Spruce!
In this short article, we will look at the common facts of chemical peels.
What are chemical peels?
Chemical peels are a method of skin exfoliation. Exfoliating the skin means removing the outer layer of dead skin cells to reveal healthier and smoother skin. Almost anyone can get chemical peeling done since every skin type experiences sun exposure. Skin presenting blemishes, such as wrinkles, scars, sun damage, and enlarged pores, can be a good candidate for chemical peel treatments.
Chemical peels are composed of a specific acid of varying pH. Therefore, chemical peels containing acid, as opposed to physical exfoliants, are more effective for skin exfoliation.
Is chemical peeling right for you?
Aging slows down the natural process of skin exfoliation and causes collagen depletion, resulting in dull-looking and tired skin. Our ZO 3-Step Peel is an excellent chemical peel for aging skin. It offers a blend of exfoliants, antioxidants, and retinol. Its anti-irritant properties are perfect for rejuvenating new skin.
People with dry skin can revive their dead, flaky skin with skin exfoliation treatment peels. Dry skin lets dead skin cells accumulate quickly, making your skin appear dull. Our ZO Stimulator Peel is suitable for any skin type, and it has no downtime! The active ingredients include lactic, citric, and salicylic acids, which stimulate collagen and elastin production.
Oily skin secrets excess sebum, causing skin shedding to slow down. We recommend the salicylic acid chemical peel for acne-prone, oily skin. This will enable optimal cell turnover.
Common facts about chemical peels
Here is some crucial information regarding chemical peels:
• A typical session involves applying a chemical mixed with a solvent to the treatment area. The aesthetician applies the chemical peel onto the skin using a brush or a sponge. Usually, a chemical peels session can take approximately 30-90 minutes, depending on how the skin reacts. Medium and deep peels have a more extended downtime period for recovery since they are a more aggressive form of skin exfoliation treatment (around 2-3 weeks).
• Most light chemical peels have little to no downtime, and no after-peel ointment is necessary. However, you would generally be given a protective ointment following a deep peel.
• Chemical peels are pretty affordable, even though there are pricier options available on the market. This is because the less expensive treatments outnumber the expensive ones.
• A chemical peel treatment session is quick and yields fast, noticeable results. You’ll be surprised to see results in under three treatments. Be ready for youthful-looking skin with the help of chemical peeling!
• The superficial chemical peels available in the drugstore cannot give you desirable results. Even though there are stronger chemical peels, misuse and errors can do more harm than good. Therefore, you deserve the most capable hands of a professional to monitor your skin before, during, and after the procedure.
Chemical peels in Salt Lake City
If you still have more questions and concerns about chemical peels, please book a consultation at Spruce. Our team at our Salt Lake City location will be happy to discuss your goals. Opt for the best aesthetic services offered at Spruce! We look forward to seeing you!