What are the Different Types of Lip Injections?November 1, 2022
What is IV Therapy? Definition, Benefits, TypesDecember 21, 2022
You may have heard the benefits of exfoliating before a Hydrafacial treatment. However, this is, in fact, not recommended for your pre-treatment preparation.
Before your Hydrafacial treatment, here are some suggestions on what to avoid:
- For at least 48 hours before treatment, you should steer clear of any exfoliating treatments, especially those that contain active enzymes or glycolic acid. Physical exfoliation, such as shaving your face, should also be avoided if possible.
- Avoid over-the-counter acne treatments such as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
- Stay away from chemical peels and laser treatments for around 2 weeks before your Hydrafacial.
In an effort to further prepare your skin for treatment, you should also avoid intense sun exposure for around 72 hours before your treatment. This is especially relevant to tanning beds, but if you do happen to spend time in the sun, make sure you wear sunscreen and stay covered as much as possible.
How Should You Prepare for a Hydrafacial Treatment?
With the things to avoid out of the way, what are some things that you should do before your Hydrafacial treatment?
You’ll want to make sure your face is clean and clear of any makeup, creams, or any other topical products. Your esthetician will be working with the entirety of your face and needs clear, unaffected access.
Staying hydrated is always advised, but if you want to ensure you look your best after your Hydrafacial, then make sure you drink plenty of water before. Treatments take about 30 minutes, so just make sure you’ve gone to the bathroom or are prepared to wait for that time.
What Should You Do After Your Treatment?
Just like your pretreatment routine, there are some things you should avoid for at least a little time after treatment. During your post-treatment, you should avoid:
- Intense sun exposure for at least 72 hours. If you must be outside, stay covered and wear sunscreen. While you should always apply sunscreen, make sure you apply it consistently for at least a week post-treatment.
- Applying makeup for at least 24 hours after treatment. The day after your HydraFacial, you can consider applying makeup again.
- Exfoliating treatments for 48 hours. Much like pre-treatment, avoid chemical and physical exfoliants like shaving your face for at least 2 days after treatment.
- Acne medications like salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. Just like pretreatment, avoid applying these medications for at least 2 days after treatment.
- Intense heat. While this applies to outdoor sun exposure, also avoid taking incredibly hot showers for at least a day after treatment. Lukewarm or cold showers or even a bath are recommended instead. Also, avoid intense exercise, this could drastically raise your temperature as well.
If you’re considering a Hydrafacial treatment, then you’ll want to make sure you book an appointment with a reliable and experienced esthetician. The medspa experts here at Spruce can guarantee you the most effective Hydrafacial in Salt Lake City.For more tips on Hydrafacials, check out our blog or speak with an esthetician. If you’re ready to book an appointment, then don’t hesitate to contact us today!